Our last girls' weekend was in September - we were beyond due! Joe was/is amazing and offered to watch Avery for the weekend so I could road trip with Jacklyn to visit Katie. Yay!
Sidenote: I learned a bit more about myself through this weekend... mainly that I'm a walking oxy-moron. I was SO excited for girls' weekend and knew the break would be good for me... yet even a couple days out from the trip I started getting sad that I would be away from Avery (and Joe, of course ;)). I realized I wouldn't be a part of her every minute of every day for two whole days... whoa. Lol. I'm not sure what my deal was... can I blame it on pregnancy hormones? I guess it's a blessing that I don't need a break from my kid. I need a break from the routine I think... but I don't need a break from her. :)
Anywho, a quick pic of me and that wonderful girl before Jacklyn and I hit the road.
Oh yes, another wonderful girl :)
I didn't take many pictures during our weekend... just enjoyed the company of two amazing gals.
Katie took us to this cute little place for lunch Saturday:
After (a lot of) shopping, we ate dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Pretty good!
Katie's burger was HUGE!
Since we aren't sure of the next time the three of us will be together, we had an early birthday celebration for Katie. :) She was excited that one of her gift bags matched her new shoes. :)
I ran upstairs to change and when I came back down, Jack and Katie had attempted to put on every article of clothing I had bought that day (mostly stuff for Avery and Joe :)). Ha.
Girls' weekend was much needed and much enjoyed. It's wonderful to spend time with these girls. They're godly women and they encourage me so much. I love you two!!!!
I was (obviously) excited to get home to my family. I met up with my parents (who watched Avery overnight Saturday - thank you!), Avery, Joe, and my sis and her family for lunch after church/my drive on Sunday. Avery ran to me and gave me the biggest hug - then said, "I missed you so much Mommy!" and in that moment I felt complete again. :)
Totally random, but I'm going to slip in my last pic from June. :) Gina and Sutton came over to play (love spending time with them, too :)) and Avery let Sutton try out her old walker. I think he likes it. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment