Sunday, April 29, 2012

Anniversary

Today marks 7 years that I have been married to Joe Skillen.


As Joe would say... "Seven years... in the books!"


April 29, 2005 was a wonderful day...


I was only able to find 3 pictures on my computer from that day.  That shows you how long ago it was... ha.

At times it seems like it was so long ago.  Other times it seems like it was just yesterday.


I remember not being nervous at all.


I remember being anxious to see Joe.


I remember getting ready to line up at the back of the sanctuary, then being rushed to the parlor to wait because there weren't enough seats in the sanctuary for our guests - they were bringing in chairs!  We felt so loved.


I remember walking into the bridal room and being surprised to see a cardboard cutout of Pres. Bush in the room.  He kept popping up throughout the day.  He even rode the trolley to our reception with us!

I remember it being COLD.


Joe does not.


It was.


It rained that morning and it looked like it was going to be a yucky day.  Thankfully the rain cleared up.  It was still chilly (we brought our coats on the trolley), but we took some outdoor pictures anyway.


I remember being surrounded by friends and family - so many people that supported us on our wedding day.  Thanks again.


Seven years, one apartment, two houses, two dogs (now just one), multiple jobs, and two kids later... I can honestly say that Joe and I are as in love (if not more so) than we were on our wedding day.




Joe, I love sharing life with you.  I cannot imagine a better partner.  I enjoy you.  You make me laugh.  You listen.  You are open with me.  You are the most amazing Daddy.  I am so thankful God brought us together.  Thanks for marrying me.


Today is also a fun day because my best friend Jacklyn is running her first MARATHON!!!!  She is in Oklahoma City, running right now... and I SO wish I could be there.  Jacklyn, you amaze me - I am so proud of you!  I'm cheering you on and can't wait to hear all about your incredible accomplishment!  What a neat anniversary gift - ha ha!

1 comment:

Michele said...

And what a crazy love story it is! Congrats on 7 years of wedded bliss as Chad would say. :) I love yoU!