Last Sunday our Church had an event called "Worship by the Water" at Riverside Park. Our worship bands played and we enjoyed the outdoors as we sang along.
My beautiful sister and my favorite little boy:
My sweet girl...
Malachi really likes to feed Avery and "help" her drink. She apparently enjoys it, too, because she always accepts whatever he offers her! I guess I should have him feed her when she doesn't want what I'm offering! :)
Avery's friend Josie joined us on our quilt. Avery liked sharing goldfish with her. :)
We had a great time - it was fun to connect with people from all the different Asbury Campuses. :) The kiddos were worn out, but my sister and I wanted to extend the evening... it was time for the LOST finale! Joe and I went home and packed up Avery's bath stuff and pajamas, then headed over to Aaron & Cassy's house. We thought it would be fun if the kids took a bath together! See, we continued our "water" theme!
Here are a few of the (many) bath pics we took:
I wanted to keep things PG, so I thought a little "censor" block would do the trick. :)
Avery was making a basket as Malachi squirted himself in the face with his basketball. :)
Yay for bath time!
All done! My sis and I with our wrapped-up bundles of joy. They loved bath time together - why hadn't we thought of this before?? Notice how Avery is poking Malachi... :)
We let the kids play while we watched the LOST finale (by the way, I'm still deciding if I'm okay with the ending or not...). Avery happily played until 10pm!! What?? She finally put her arms up to crawl up on my lap. She sat in-between me and my sister, reaching out both her arms for our hair (my hair is her security blanket - she always twirls it as she falls asleep). She literally was asleep sitting up, twirling my hair and stroking my sister's. It was hilarious!
Thankfully, we were able to put her in her car seat, drive home, get her out, and lay her in her crib without her waking up! She slept just fine - whew. It was fun to have a late night out with the Leichners!
Worship by the Water and playing in the water... a pretty wonderful day all in all. :)




3 comments:
looks like fun! By the way, I like your new blog header. It looks great!
love your new blog background and header!! Super fabulous!!!
Thanks guys!! I'm actually working on a new header... so stay tuned! :)
Post a Comment