I love this instagram pic of my mom floating with Ezra :)
Ezra had been pulling himself up a little bit before vacation, but he really started doing it at the cabin. all. the. time. So he got a few ouchies...
I caught Avery making up a song about her brother. It was so sweet. She was singing things like "I love my brother... Ezra Cole...." When she saw me listening, she said, "Mom, are you going to take video of it now?" (in kind of a blah tone... maybe I do that too often??). :) So I asked her if she'd sing it again on video. This version was cute, but not as sweet... ("you're not strong enough..."??). Ha.
Avery got SO excited when she would throw the ball off the dock for the dogs. :)
Watch out, Ezra's in the driver's seat! (and yes, in only a swim diaper... I promise it's not a speedo!)
As Ezra learned to crawl, he would have some frustrating moments like this... poor boy.
He discovered my water bottle. I would often find it empty when I would have sworn it was at least half full!
Ezra loves food. By vacation he had mastered chewing and swallowing like a pro. His favorite meal was Gpa's bbq chicken!
While people back in Kansas were roasting in the heat, we had a cool day up north. So we built a fire!
We had been signing to Ezra since he turned six months old... and he finally signed "more"! :)
Grandma Bubba and Avery on a kayak ride.
Gpa found another use for the tower on the boat... launching the ball for the dogs to swim after!
If you're my facebook friend, you may have seen my post about this article. So good. It was just what I needed to hear. It brought tears to my eyes... and convicted me of my selfishness. So in the spirit of baby steps (lol), I am making effort to be in more pictures and not just take them.
It was nice to ski again this year (since I was pregnant last year). I struggle with my deep water slalom start, so I always start on two skis and drop one.
Avery wanted to go on a tube ride with me! Well, after she originally said no and I mentioned that I might take her brother. Ha. It was the first time I had seen a bit of sibling jealousy! So I got a tube ride with my daughter. :)
We had so much fun! We laughed, sang songs, yelled, and made silly faces.
Avery told me to put my arms out "like this"! Not sure why... :)
Thanks for the fun ride, Avery!
Ice cream on the deck.
So sweet to share with little brother. What jealousy?

















1 comment:
I loved your article so much I just shared it on FB. Very powerful, thank you!
Post a Comment