Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My heart...

... completely melted today.

Lately, I've been wondering...

but haven't been quite sure.

Now I'm sure...

Avery has made the connection.

"Da-da" = Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The past few days, she's been looking right at Joe and saying it, but we still weren't quite sure... I mean, she's been saying Da-da since she was 4 months old.

Today, I was showing Avery a video of herself (because it makes her giggle and I love it). Joe is the one that recorded the video, and at one point he says "hi Avery". When that part played, Avery heard his voice, her eyes opened wide, and she exclaimed "DA DA"! It was so clear to me... but when I told Joe about it, he still had his doubts. :)

Tonight, after getting home from church, Joe bathed Avery and handed her off so I could nurse her. She finished nursing, sat up, smiled a HUGE smile at Joe and said "Da da"! She then waved at him and said "Hi, Da-da".

He heard it.

I heard it.

We saw her body language.

There was no denying it.

My heart melted.

I even got teary-eyed.

Now, I could dig up just a tad bit of resentment towards Joe... since Avery has YET to say ma-ma (even accidentally)...

but I won't.

I love that she loves her Daddy.

I love that she knows who he is.

I love that she gets excited to see him.

I love love love that she calls Joe "Da-da".

7 comments:

Stephanie Lane said...

*sniff* so AWESOME! Thanks for the fun story to start off my morning!
:D

Michele said...

that is awesome. I totally hear you though...Lo has yet to say mama either! but it is nice they know and love their daddy!!

♥ ♥ ♥ said...

I love your joy! I totally know that feeling... and just wait until she says "I love you" for the first time... TOTAL MUSH!!!!

♥ ♥ ♥ said...

sorry... that was me, Jennifer ;)

♥ ♥ ♥ said...

That is... Jennifer (Hadsall) Elitzin... okay, I'm a dork!

BEK said...

What a wonderful story- enjoy the fact that she can ask for Joe--it will give you a break :) Such a fantastic story-- Love it!

Daniel and Kansas Fergen Family said...

Love it! I'm still waiting for Kedren to make that connection. He also says "dada" but I know think he knows who "Dada" is:) It took Coyer FOREVER to say mama, so I don't have my hopes up with Kedren:) It will come:) It will be so fun when our kids can finally meet... let's make that happen some day!

Thanks for sharing stories of your beautiful girl with us! It's fun to watch her grow!

Kansas